Monday, May 27, 2013

Revenge of the wasp





One day, I saw a couple of wasps hovering near the window of my room. I went to check it out and saw that they were flying toward the right top corner of the windowpane, where they had built a nest. I was shocked and called my dad, who came with a stick and knocked it down.


A few days later I saw that the wasps were attempting to make a nest all over again. I was annoyed and called my dad, who, instead of a stick, used one of my rulers this time.


That night, as I was sleeping, I felt something small and fuzzy near my left arm. I tried to move it away. When I tried to clasp it, it stung my hand! I realised it was a wasp and screamed. In a short time, my hand swelled up. It burned and went numb. Alarmed, I went to the bathroom and washed my arm. I was relieved to see that there was no blood, but it did take some time for the pain to recede. Not knowing what else to do, I went back to sleep.


The next day when I woke up, I was glad to see that my hand was back to normal. But when I moved the curtain of my window, I saw the wasps building their nest in the same place yet again!


Shreya Shankar, X, Christ Nagar English HSS, Kowdiar



More In: Young World | Features







via The Hindu Newspaper http://www.thehindu.com/features/kids/revenge-of-the-wasp/article4755755.ece

No comments:

Post a Comment